Friday 31 August 2012

When crafting goes wrong and Sissix Bigshot Repair

After reading this artical: When Crafting Goes Wrong by Susanna Boyd over at Papercraft Planet I knew I had to share this.






 
Earlier this year I broke the above piece on my Bigshot in a similar manner as Sussanna did.  I contacted Sizzix to find out if I could purchase a replacement for this bit, which they then offered to replace free of charge.  I had to wait quite some time as the part was ordered from America but it was worth the wait.  So the lesson to this story is simple be careful not to make you sandwich to big and if you did know who to call:)
 
Big thank you to Sizzix for excellant customer service and support.

10 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

That's fabulous - what a great customer service response. :) Glad it worked out for you!

Anonymous said...

I saw Sussanna's photo of her mishap and it made me smile this morning, not that she damaged her machine but that I'm not the only one capable of doing something like that.

It is great that you added your story to hers because it helps the rest of to know that we can get help because I've been afraid of damaging my machine as well. Thank you!

Gretel Among said...

Thank you for this helpful information. I just broke mine last month. You made it so simple to click on the Sizzix and submit a request. I am awaiting their reply. Again, thanks...

Kelly L said...

My roller seems warped on mine. Maybe I should tear it apart and see. Thank you for this information.

Sharon said...

Wow thanks for the helpful pictures. My machine was making such a bad noise. I took it apart and oiled now running like new.
Thanks

Sharon said...

Thanks for all the pictures, my machine was clonking and handle not winding smoothly. Took it apart as shown and oiled it, now working again

Bon said...

So glad this this has helped others. I am lost without my Bigshot and know others feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

Sizzix replaced parts for my machine also. They were great. It was my fault for overloading the pads going through it. I actually bent the bar and broke the gear inside because of the force. Thank you Sizzix for your fabulous customer support.

The Rose Garden said...

Took most of the teeth off my little cog, and after a phone call to Sizzix UK they posted out another free of charge, it arrived the next day. Fantastic customer service!

Dr Sonia S V said...

My bearing got crushed recently and I could repair it myself.Landed here while googling about Big shot repair
Cheers
Dr Sonia
My latest post: How I repaired my Big Shot