Thursday, 30 July 2026

A Little Pause at the Craft Desk

Some blog posts are full of finished projects. This one is full of possibilities.

The past week has been one of the hardest I've ever experienced. Since losing my beautiful Labrador, Mr Banks (Beeb), I simply haven't had the heart to sit down and create. Crafting has always been my happy place, but grief has a way of quietening even the things we love most.

Rather than disappear completely, I thought I'd share a little crafty haul instead. These are some of the dies I've picked up over the past month, and although they haven't yet made it onto paper, they've already sparked plenty of ideas for when I'm ready to create again.

Looking through this pile, I can already imagine where many of these dies will end up. There are some gorgeous decorative frames that will be perfect for vintage journals and layered cards, several textured background dies that should add lots of interest without needing patterned paper, and a collection of stitched and geometric designs that will work beautifully on both ATCs and larger projects.

I have no firm plan yet, and that's perfectly alright. Right now I'm giving myself permission to create when inspiration returns rather than forcing it. Sometimes the craft room needs to be a place of comfort instead of productivity.

Supplies Featured

  • Decorative frame dies
  • Background texture dies
  • Stitched rectangle dies
  • Layering frame dies
  • Various AliExpress die sets purchased during July 2026

(Product links will be added as I begin using each set in future projects.)

Thank you for continuing to visit my little corner of the internet, even during quieter weeks. I know Beeb would probably have been lying under my craft desk, hoping I'd drop a biscuit while I worked. One day I'll smile at that thought more than I cry, but I'm not quite there yet.

Until next time,

Bon


Disclaimer:

All products featured on this blog were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. I am not sponsored by any company, brand, or artist mentioned in this post, and all opinions shared are entirely my own.






No comments: